Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A few random book thoughts...


It’s been a few weeks (months?) since I’ve updated the miscellaneous extra books that I’ve finished without reviewing.  Here are just a few of them that I deemed worthy of my little, meaningless spotlight:

-      Unseen by Karin Slaughter – 4 stars (If you’re a fan of crime fiction, you *must* check out Ms. Slaughter’s books.  There have been a few random misses along the way, but for the most part, her books rock!  She definitely ranks somewhere in my list of top 10 favorite authors.)

-      The Hit by David Baldacci – 3 stars (Meh – nothing great here.  If you’ve read one Baldacci, you’ve read ‘em all.)

-      The Perfect Ghost by Linda Barnes – 2.5 stars (Don’t waste your time.  The description on the back flap is more entertaining than the 300+ pages contained within.  *yawn*)

-      The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith – 3.5 stars (I admit that I drank the kool aid on this one.  Once the cat was out of the bag that Mr. Galbraith is actually Ms. J.K. Rowling, I just *had* to have it.  It was a decent read, but certainly nothing earth shattering.  I could take it or leave it.  That said, the kindle edition is only $5.99 today – not sure why.  But, if you’re interested, why are you still here reading this?  Go spend some money…buy buy buy!  Okay, who’s singing the N’Sync song, now?)

-      Mistress/Guilty Wives by James Patterson – 3 stars (I bunched these two separate titles together for a reason.  If you’re a Patterson fan, you’ll know why.  His books all meld together after a bit, and you can’t tell one from the other.  These were your typical page-turning, speed-reading specials from someone who USED to be a favorite.  Go back to writing your own books again, Mr. Patterson, and maybe you’ll re-join the top 10 with Ms. Slaughter up there!)

 

And, since I’ve promised myself that no post shall be shared without a pretty picture to go with...
(The last time I shared some eye candy on here, it was a Channing pic for my friends.  This time, it's all about me, baby.  *sigh*)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs